Paphiopedilum canhii blooming

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
I just want to share some photos of Paphiopedilum canhii just blooming this year. The season for this species will be from now until April.

Paphiopedilumcanhii2-1.jpg

Paphiopedilumcanhii3-1.jpg

HELLO Canh,

thanx for sharing this new species with us,
is it possible to make a picture
of the plant with flower, so we can see the leaf
thanx cliokchi;)

I'm on business trip now and I just have photo of last year of whole plant with flower.

cu1.jpg

cu.jpg

Thanks a lot for these pictures! They are good and show lots of details.
Is this the same plant you showed last year? This flower is much more colourful.
The lip doesn't show that central horn this year, which is typical for a weak parvisepalum bloom and also for many parvi-polyantha hybrids. Last years pics couldn't convince me that that was a normal flower and not a monster, but this years flower looks o.k. I hope you're going to self it, the offspring might give some clues regarding the parents, in case this is a natural hybrid.

Best wishes,

I think that is the strangest looking orchid out there, cant help but think "cyclops orchid".

Robert

Oh well!!!... I don’t know.
When I saw the first reports of this new species a while ago my immediate reaction was: I’ve never seen anything as ugly as that! Now, after seeing these pictures of a real plant I must say I’m rather enchanted by it… True, it ain’t anything as beautiful as a PEOY, nor is it as imposing as 5 flowered rothschildianum, but seeing these pictures right here I’m wondering if…in time: I will need a few as well.

It does sorta have a certain charm to it. I like the little white hairs on the petals and dorsal.

This one is way better than the original plant photos, which looked like something I'd expect to see on Snopes.com....

Latest posts

Back