My visit to June's Orchid Estate

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Wednesday Donna and I drove over to Junes's Orchids Estate. I had previously e-mailed and was meet by Glen Gary. So without further a do, here you go. Guess, who this is. It's me!

Picture003.jpg

Below is a photo of some of the grounds.

Picture027.jpg

Here is a photo of the fake tree. It was made with PVC pipe that was filled with cement and then covered in cork. There was over a hundred species attached to the tree.

Picture023.jpg

The next two photos are displayed in the entrance way.

Picture015.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Here is a photo of the picnic area.

Picture024.jpg

A example plant in the show room. It is Paph. Frank Smith. I bought one of these. They had a few in bud and some that were not. I took one not in bud that was twice the size of some of the ones in bud. It is a single growth plant with a 19 inch leaf span.

Picture022.jpg

Next is a photo of another plant that was for sale. Actually, I think I bought this plant. It was not labeled but it is roth 'excelsior' x micranthum. They had many pots of these for $25 each. I bought this one as well as another one in high bud. I chose the other one as it had bloomed previously. In one of the other green houses they had many of these for sale. I was also offered unlabeled multiflowers (a few had labels) for $25 each. They were selling rather than repot. These were hugh plants.

Picture010.jpg

The next two photo where taken in the stud house.

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Here is a photo of one of the greenhouses.

Picture021.jpg

The last photo is of the cool house. This cooling unit was brought in from Korea and installed by the makers of the unit. It is not air conditioned but rather a refrigeration unit. This was specifically put in for Ryans breeding. Too bad it didn't work out for him. They currently have no breeder at Junes.

Picture026-1.jpg

I love the Paph. Frank Smith, is it really as yellow as the photo? I have googled only photos of green ones and those didn't impress me so much

Thanks for the photo tour Bob - great pix!

Any word on how June's Orchid Estate will figure in on the Slipper Symposium this year?

Thanks Bob. Amazing setup. I love those roth-parvi hybrids in particular. Those prices are insanely cheap. They couldn't possibly make any money selling them that cheap.

David

Thanks for the photo tour Bob - great pix!

Any word on how June's Orchid Estate will figure in on the Slipper Symposium this year?

Well, Jo - since you asked. :)

This year the 13th International Slipper Symposium will be held Saturday, November 6 at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Tampa, with the traditional Sunday nursery visit at June's Orchid Estate on November 7.

The Symposium venue is about 15 minutes from June's Orchid Estate, which will figure into the symposium significantly in several ways.

I'll have more information online in a few days and will provide more info then.

Back