TIOS Pictures!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
ok, finally getting around to it here now that i am back, ive got a million photos but this is a good representation of some of the paphs.. i can post more some other time..
Paph. micranthum-avg. form but huge flower. a first growth plant also..
IMG_0315.jpg

Paph. micranthum var. eburneum 'lai'- another shot of the grand champion..
IMG_0314.jpg

Paph. malipoense var. jackii
IMG_0316.jpg

Paph. rothschildianum- ~31cm NS
IMG_0319.jpg

Paph. haynaldianum- an exceptional clone, i think it received an AM also..
IMG_0320.jpg

Paph. Michael Koopowitz
IMG_0321.jpg

Some of the Multi's
IMG_0322.jpg

A very nice, large Paph. wenshanense
IMG_0323.jpg

Paph. Vangaurd's Lebeau-there were several exceptional Lebeau's and
Vangaurd's Lebeaus. They were not entered for AOS judging but would have been easy AM's.
IMG_0325.jpg

This is a shot from Ribbon Judging. this was for Single Flowered, Species..
delenatii var. alba, dayanum, wenshanense, eburneum, bellatulum, micranthum, besseae, wardii, armeniacum and exul (L -> R)
IMG_0329.jpg

Paph. Dollgoldi
IMG_0331.jpg

Paph. Prince Edward of York- very nice dark clone
IMG_0336.jpg

Paph. fanaticum-large flower with very nice patterning. recieved an AM
IMG_0343.jpg

2 Paph. Shun-Fa Golden (hangi x malipo). the taller one on the left with the nice form got and AM
IMG_0342.jpg

Paph. Wossner China Moon (hangi x armeniacum) & Paph. (S. Gratrix x armeniacum)
IMG_0341.jpg

Mind blowing plants. It is almost impossible to separate them. I think that is the finest haynaldianum I have seen. What incredible colour.

David

I like the Fanaticum. The patterning is amazing. They are all spectacular. I noticed the lack of group display . Do they not do that there? All the plants seem to be displayed individually. It reminds me of someof the other types of flower shows that we have. My friend shows Dahlias that way.

Hera-this was not the exhibition, this was just plants entered for ribbon/merit/cultural judging.. the exhibits were amazing as well

i want those parvi species.......:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

The haynaldianum does have exceptional color! The rest arent' shabby either.

-Ernie

Very nice pics of amazing plants. You don't say where this was other thanTIOS, a location I'm not familiar with. Where was this?

The grand champion, Paph. micranthum var. eburneum 'Lai', was posted in the local Canadian Chinese paper (A foreign paper! with a article I can't read:(). To my suprise my dad, who doesn't care for orchids, clipped it out for me. This is a great plant. haha, He didn't know I've seen this paph 3 times already online. We need to go to Taiwan!

Hard to pick a fav plant. I noticed the venue has proper lighting unlike our shows, as well as the plain backdrop to appreciate the individual blooms. This show was meant for judging.

I think they do have other displays, where it is a composition of plants with decoration etc. They look much like the Tokyo Grand Prix
http://www.orchidata.com/read.php?tid=18066

I'm suprised the Wossner China Moon is smaller than the Paph. (S. Gratrix x armeniacum). Both took on the armenicum's amazing color.

Mind boggling flowers all of them but in particular the P. micranthum v. eburneum, P. haynaldianum and... and...

....I noticed the lack of group display. Do they not do that there? All the plants seem to be displayed individually.....
That's the way Asians like to arrange their flower shows - the flowers are the most important thing not the arrangement of the plants.
Best regards from germany, rudolf

Thanks for sharing the photos, Pete. I bet you had a great time at the show!

Back