Phrag. Fritz Schomburg (two different seedlings)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I thought you may enjoy these:

Both these seedlings are Phrag. Fritz Schomburg (kovachii x besseae) made with the besseae flavum

This is a new seedling that has bloomed for us:

Phrag. Fritz Schomburg 'Pink Princess':

PhragFritzSchomburgPinkPrincess1124.jpg

This one is a second bloom (last time it bloomed was in December 2008):
Phrag. Fritz Schomburg 'Prarie Rose'; This time it is branching!

PhragFritzSchomburgPrarieRose112420.jpg

PhragFritzSchomburgPrarieRose-si-1.jpg

whole plant:

PhragFritzSchomburgPrarieRose-pl-2.jpg

Both flowers side by side for comparison:
PhragFritzSchomburgPinkPrincessandP.jpg

Robert

Great pictures, Robert. I have seen the pinker one in person and although I know I should like shape of the rosier one better, there is something about the pinker flower that really grabs your eye when you see it.

Both are beautiful, Robert! I'm partial to the more pink one as well....the colour is unique. Fritz schomburg is a nice hybrid....one that I think lots of people will grow for it's own qualities, as well use it for further breeding. Congrats on the side spike too!

The second one is the lightest I've seen. I can't believe its in such a small pot!! Yay besseae hybrids! [Someone else owns the copyright to Yay P_ hybrids! and I can't afford the lawsuit! :p]

The second one is the lightest I've seen. I can't believe its in such a small pot!! Yay besseae hybrids! [Someone else owns the copyright to Yay P_ hybrids! and I can't afford the lawsuit! :p]

Yep it is only in a 3.25" pot, so that gives an estimate of how big the plant and flowers are! It does need to go into a larger pot by the way.

Robert

:clap::clap::clap: Nice Robert!
I prefer the shape & color of the darker one, but I wouldn't mind having the lighter one!

Great blooms Robert!!!! Any chance that the one I got in may from OL is one of those?? (no clonal names of parents specified on the tag) Jean

The darker one has great petals, the lighter a better dorsal and a really sweet colour. I like them both.

Kovachii is doing such interesting things to the shape and color of its hybrids. So much potential is there. They are both very nice!

Beautiful! Would take either one of them. Bought a Fritz Schomberg from HP Norton not long ago. I thought it was so small it would take years to flower. After looking at your there is hope that the wait may not be so long. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back