Paph tonsum 'David x Paph henryanum 'Gandalf'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

McPaph

I bought this at a show in spring on the last day for $7 bucks.
Looked it up on orchid wiz and I don't think its registered yet. I think I had to much light on it this year. maybe less light next year will give it more color.
the plant was yellow from the start. It had two buds one of them blasted. I think I watered it two days in a row.

77777.jpg

Mick

:clap: Definitely worth 7 bucks, what a cutie!
Is the plant itself getting too much light? Be careful, overwatering can add another stress & without roots :( it won't matter what the light is!

I think Ive been pushing the limit on light for my multis They all have great color on the leaves. My first summer with the GH, might need some more shading for the summer. my maudiae flowers. the pouch seemed a bit yellow and this one seems just a little light. This plant needed a re pot badly when I got it. Allot of the roots on one of the growths were pretty bad. the one that flowered had lots of new roots growing and looked good when I checked it in the summer.
I have given it lots of extra Epsom salt. Thus lots of roots, The plant is trying to green up but is still light. This flower seems pretty good size to me.

I just thought the tomsom 'David' would through some more color in there.
but Im no expert

Mick

I just thought the tomsom 'David' would through some more color in there.
but Im no expert
Mick
I think the colors are nice as they are! I'm no expert either Mick but seeing tonsum is not colorful to begin with, I don't think I'd expect a particular clone to impart color, henry on the other hand is known to do just that!

I agree, nice cross with henryanum (Love the species, but usually don't like it's hybrids).

Thanks everyone.
I couldn't find any pictures of this one. So I guessed what it would look like and waited with anticipation. I like this one.
The crosses I really like with Paph haenryanum Are Paph tigrinum and Paph helenae which I think is sort of cool.

Mick

Latest posts

Back