Lusidia discolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gideon

Ludisia discolor

I just love these, I have a stack of them...everytime I see one for sale, I get another

Ludisia discolor
Lusidia_discolor_1.jpg

Lusidia_discolor_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
kool... what varieties do you have other than the...ummm, what's that one called? i have one similar to that, and the typical, reddish veined one. i want an alba (or is it album?)....
any other types you know?

I have the alba (several...), probably a few to spare, or Oak Hill sells them. It is quite beautiful. I think Gideon's is what we would call over here 'Ludisia discolor v. nigrescens'. Or similar to it. That is harder to find (and why I don't have it).

As rob said it is Ludisia discolor var. nigricans...and it is the only type I have unfortunately...they are full up in our area as it is the only one I see for sale

Isn't that weird? I've seen the nigrescens variety offered in various places on the interweb, but never in person around here. I don't know if the variety we have has a name, but it is as common as Michigan dirt... Looks like this.

Ludisia_discolor.jpg

And just for giggles, another cool jewel orchid, Macodes petola

Macodes_petiola.jpg

I thought the single-lined form of Ludisia discolor was 'var. odina'? Or is this another variety? There are MANY forms of this species, I have even seen one without veining...

Nice clump Gideon! =)

-PM

Back