Phrag. Eumelia Arias (kovachii x schlimii)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Reaction score
While this is the smallest kovachii hybrid I have seen to date (10 CM NS), I have become very fond of this flower. The color is nice, and the flower is fragrant which is a trait from schlimii. I plan on breeding it with other schlimii hybrids to keep working with the fragrance, but also would love to back-cross it with kovachii.

One thing worth mentioning about these hybrids are the ovaries. They are incredibly large and produce very big seedpods. This means they can host more seed, and I believe we are going to have plenty of plants available within the next few years.

Unfortunately, we are no longer selling this hybrid. Hopefully we will be able to re-stock them again.

EumeliaArias.jpg

EumeliaArias2.jpg

EumeliaArias3.jpg

OK Jason, be honest. How many phone calls have you received from nyeric regarding this plant?
:eek:

Actually, I ordered from them a day or 2 ago:p! The color on this hybrid is the closest I've seen to kovachi's natural color. Unfortunately, I've never seen one of this cross that was strong, they're always small. :( I'm hoping to get a Pk x Hanne Popow to see if they grow stronger.

Compact growing, great color, fragrant, sounds like a perfect phrag to me! :clap:

Latest posts

Back