Paph micranthum, what varity is this?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I can't lay claim to bringing this fellow in to bud but I didn't blast it either! As you can see the pouch is 85-90% white with a light blush of pink a round the rim. The flower is not completly opened yet. Is this the eburneum varity or just a very pale normal micranthum? Any rate this a quick flash pic to post before turning in for the night!
P1010125.jpg

I have another surprise for you all in regards to this flower later.

I can't lay claim to bringing this fellow in to bud but I didn't blast it either! As you can see the pouch is 85-90% white with a light blush of pink a round the rim. The flower is not completly opened yet. Is this the eburneum varity or just a very pale normal micranthum? Any rate this a quick flash pic to post before turning in for the night!
P1010125.jpg

I have another surprise for you all in regards to this flower later.

Hello Rick,
have you photo of the leaf ?

No idea but when it flattens out it will be a beauty. Such lovely colour definition!

It's a gorgeous micranthum, whatever variety it is! Usually eburneum is pure white on the pouch but I have seen pics of ones that are pale pink as well. The leaves will tell.

I wouldn't call this an eburneum but it is very nice. Paph micranthum is very variable in shape and color as they come from multiple populations with some segregation.

As Promised, here is the leaf picture. I know the flower is out of focus but the leaf is clear.
P1010148.jpg

Two more looks: The back
P1010143-1.jpg

Ans a not so great side shot
P1010144.jpg

The leaf certainly makes me think micranthum var. micranthum. micranthum var. eburneum is generally wider and far less upright. The leaves on mine are almost parallel to the ground.

when you gonna tell us what it is?
i ain't no good with surprises....
I was wondering how long it would take before someone ask about the surprise! Pan down and take a look at this and tell me want you all think.

It has expanded slighty more since yesterday but not to what I would call normal. I truely believe it went under some stress getting to me and I'm lucky I guess it didn't blast. This could an example of how micranthum got it's name originally.

P1010126.jpg

Hello,
Congratulation , that is paph. micranthum var. eburneum :clap:

Latest posts

Back