Green Charlene

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
Last week I registered a new group at the RHS. You can register a group to an existing grex (hybrid) if this group of plants is insufficient different. For example an albine group. So did I with Paphiopedilum Woessner Helene GREEN CHARLENE Group.

fx4fig.jpg

23j0gb8.jpg

These are quite vigorous plants. I deflasked the seedlings two years ago. Half of them is now in flower or in bud. Two plants of Green Charlene have evan three flowers at their first blooming!

Green Charlene is the product of a Slipper Talk cooperation. Thank you so much, Dot! The parents are P. helenae fm. aureum 'Lemon Elf' SM/D.O.G. and P. charlesworthii fm. sandowiae 'Wacousta' AM/AOS:

w22h1.jpg

Paph_charlesworthii-album2-2010.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic outcome. Well done!

Next, I'd like to see the results of one of your best Green Charlenes crossed with charlesworthii album, making offspring that are 3/4 charlesworthii. However, my hope is for a more charlesworthii shape and the wonderful yellow of helenae aureum.

Last edited:
Such lovely small Paphs. can be a real blessing in a crowded greenhouse, especially when they're this beautiful. BTW, on my monitor, they look golden rather
than green.

Such lovely small Paphs. can be a real blessing in a crowded greenhouse, especially when they're this beautiful. BTW, on my monitor, they look golden rather
than green.

They open green and turn yellow then.

Fantastic outcome. Well done!

Next, I'd like to see the results of one of your best Green Charlenes crossed with charlesworthii album, making offspring that are 3/4 charlesworthii. However, my hope is for a more charlesworthii shape and the wondeful yellow of helenae aureum.

I wouldn't backcross it to any of its parents. This would result in Paphs you can't distinguish from the pure species. For me Green Charlene as a starting point for more albine miniature breeding.

Back