Lycastes in Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Toned

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my Lycastes that are currently in bloom. I love these orchids and am very fortunate to be able to grow them this far north. I hope you like them, as well.

In their element - dappled light

Inside

Lyc. Macama 'Jenny Wren' with a total of 16 blooms!

A close up of 'Jenny Wren'

Lyc. Macama 'Aline' - 6 blooms

'Aline'

Lyc. Macama 'Atlantis' - 6 blooms

'Atlantis'

Very nice, Lycastes are such amazing plants and you're doing awesome with yours.

Nice Lycaste, did you start with a batch of seedlings? Or did you aquire these as divisions of previously bloomed plants, they are quite nice, all look close to, if not actually award quality, especially Jenny Wren. Of course, because Lycaste flowers bruise so easily, it is very difficult to transport them to a show or a judging center without developing brown blemishes along the way. It is difficult to get them awarded even if at home they looked great.

Leo, I acquired the divisions, two of which had been awarded - JW & Atlantis. As my longer term goals are to breed, I've been fussy. And you're spot on about the bruising.

Latest posts

Back